Re: Suspend to disk.

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Kieren Diment <ghengis_khan@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have an old Dell lattitude xpi P100 SD here with Slink installed.
> Apm is working fine. Apparently there is a suspend to disk facility,
> as when i press fn-d, i get a bios generated error message, somethiing
> like "suspend to disk failed". Does anybody know how to get this
> facility working?

You are probably out of luck as laptop vendors seldom test this feature
under Linux, so it seldom works.

In any case, the first thing to do is to ensure that your laptop is
capable of suspend to disk under Windows. You should have sufficient
instructions for setting that up that came with the laptop.

One point of advice: if you get the option of using either a file or a
partition for the suspend data, I strongly urge you to use the
partition. That is almost always more reliable.

Anyway, once it's working under Windows, give it a run under Linux. If
it works, it does. If not, well, there probably isn't much that can be
done to fix it, I am afraid.

        Daniel

--
Maybe I am not very human - What I wanted to do was
to paint sunlight on the side of a house.