Re: External Monitor on an Inspiron 5000

That is indeed a strange problem. Just the other day I gave a presentation
using my Dell 5000 laptop, and used both the X and the console mode
successfully. The display was on my panel and also on the monitor and the
overhead projector. If Fn-F8 doesn't work for you, perhaps it could have to
do with your BIOS settings?!

It's a rather simple suggestion and hopefully you have already checked your
BIOS.

Wish you all the best.

-A