laptop experiences...

Hey folks. I'm thinking of getting one of them laptop thingies
and running debian on it. After a wee bit of looking about I
am stuck between an ibm thinkpad and a toshiba satelite (pro).
The first due to their publicised linux support and the 2nd
cos it seems to be well recommended by friends. Both of them
have prettymucht he features I want.

So... my quesiton is, how well are they supported under
debian/linux? Is ibm's linux support more then just hot air?
Will I be able to do the funky things like hibernation and
stuff under them? And so on... basically, is there anything
icky about trying to run linux under these suckers that'd
make one preferable over the other.

I welcome any URLs that ppl may have that'd help. I currently
have a wee collection of:

Certification - IBM ThinkPad 390X
http://www.linuxcare.com/labs/certs/pad390x.epl

Linux on a ThinkPad 755C
http://www.wam.umd.edu/~renomero/linux-tp

Linux on Laptops
http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/kharker/linux-laptop/

Are there any others that'd be helpful? Anyone have any personal
experiences they wanna send me? (privately or otherwise)

Basically, these suckers are expensive and I don't wanna make
a fubar. If there's a better list I could ask this on I'd
appreciate subscription info for it too. (I know of
linux-laptop@vger.kernel.org already... will be asking there
also)

--
CaT (cat@zip.com.au)

	'He had position, but I was determined to score.'
		-- Worf, DS9, Season 5: 'Let He Who Is Without Sin...'