Re: hibernation mode does not work

hi,

i have a thinkpad 570.

to use the hibernation mode you have to install the dos hibernation
utility which comes from ibm. the hibernation file should be on it's own
partition. as far as i know the utility creates its own partition (it
should be primary and somekind of fat16 also called "ibm thinkpad
hibernation partition" or something like that). you HAVE TO install this
utility before you install anything on your laptop or else it wont work
- like mine. also the apm -s set the pc only to sleep mode. so you have
to use the key combination "ctrl+f12".

there is also an utility for linux that you can check out:
http://www.procyon.com/~pda/lphdisk/

have fun,
alias m.nine.six.