Device manager lies? Do I have a winmodem?

	Dear colleagues,

	I have a Toshiba Satellite 2520 CDS that is very supposed to have a
winmodem. I'd like to get confirmation because I've found some bizarre
information regarding this intiguing affair.

	I went to the Linux on Laptops page and I checked all Satellites. All had
winmodems. On the other hand I even read that there are winmodems in the
Satellite series that don't tell in the W98 Device Manager that they are
winmodems, but other things. In my case, it would be something like
"Toshiba v.90 internal modem".

	I know that this information would be enough to make me feel confident
that this is a winmodem, but I'm so astonished with the potential fact of
finding that neither Toshiba is a serious company that I'd like to make you
a question for the Satellite owners (I suppose that all other Protegé,
Tecra, etc. can also be included):

	In the driver section of the Device Manager, the driver files are named
LTdon'tRememberTheRest.VXD, LT...DLL. In properties section of that files,
in the field 'Company', the company is also "LT".

	LT is Lucent, no?

	Thank you for your attention and help,

	Ignasi

	(also in Debian-User. In my case, newbie user)