NeoMagic 128 ZV support on Thinkpad 380D

Hi, all,

Has anyone got any information on support for the NeoMagic chipset (128ZV)?

I've read everything I can find on the subject, but I'm stuck at 800x600
when I'm running X.  I'd heard it might be possible to push this up to
1024x768 (8 bit), but I've had no luck with that.  Is there an alternate X
server I can download, an XF86Config file that outperforms what
xf86config/XF86Setup can produce, or some other bit of arcana I'm missing
(like maybe I heard wrong and I have to live with what I have ;-) )?

Running a completely up-to-date Potato.

Thanks,

Michael

--