getting high speed access when too far from the CO

					How can I get wireless high speed access that works anywhere, that I
can hook a laptop up to and use like a modem, but faster? Is there
something the same for a regular machine, usable dedicated style like DSL?
I might happen to be too far from the central office, but would like
something faster that won't dial tons of calls constantly to maintain high
speed, like isdn tends to. T1 is too expensive, and it'd be hard to make
enough to maintain and keep  it too long. Thanks.