laptops, mobile phones, irda, configuration

dar laptop/debian users,
I'm lookig for a mobiel phone (it has to be gsm900-gsm1800 capable as I'm
in Europe).
It has to do the fplowing:
1. be usable as modem by pcmcia-card and/or irda
2. be fully configurable via AT-string commands
3. display-readout possible via the connection to the laptop as well
and ofcourse all under linux virtual-console (no X)

The reason for this is that I'm unable to read the small displays these
phones come wiht but still want to be able to control my mobile in any and
all ways possible (short of the games some of them come with, that's no
issue).

Now, I have been looking at the Siemens S25 and S35I, but I'm not sure how
far they fit to my needs.

Any insites, success-stories, failures are welcome.
regards,

Andor Demarteau
linux@disnet.demon.nl