suspend is too nice

Hi,

I tried suspend. It's quite nice. Everything is perfect.
I compiled APM in my new kernel, and also add 'noaccel' in XF86Config.

But I've got a new question as well. I made a wallpaper using xv -quit
-root -max file.gif. Everytime I start xdm, my wall paper looks not so
nice. There are lots of bright dots blinking, and fonts in xterm look a
bit dizzy. After suspend and resume, those blinking dots disapper, and
the picture looks very very nice. I don't know why.

Any ideas?

lin