Install Disk Reboots Machine

I am attempting to install Slink on my Dell Latitude XPi Laptop (Pentium
90, 24MB RAM, 772MB Hard Drive, floppy drive, no cdrom). When beginning
the install root.bin appears to load fine, but towards the end of loading
the kernel into memory, the machine spontaneously reboots.  I've searched
through the laptop-HOWTO, the debian bug reports, and the mailing list
archives but haven't been able to find anything. Does anyone have any
experience with such a problem?

Thanks,
Claude