Re: how to config sound support for Toshiba Lebretto 60

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, Alex Kwan wrote:

> Does any body has succeed to config sound support for
> Toshiba Libretto 60 (it used Yamaha OLP-3SAX chipset)?
> I try the kernel mode or modules mode, but all fail,
> In RedHat6.2, it can worked under configured as SB16.
> I follow the modules' config of RH to config potato,
> but doesn't work, Are the kernel and modules of RH
> different with other distrubition and debian?

I assume the 60 is not that different from my 70CT. Here's some relevant
info from my files:

>From /etc/modutils/options:
above opl3sa2 opl3
post-install opl3sa2 cam "-getfile" "/etc/cam" # This is optional
options opl3sa2 io=0x370 mss_io=0x530 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=0
options opl3 io=0x388

>From /etc/modutils/aliases:
alias sound-slot-0 opl3sa2

You should check in your BIOS (hold down ESC on startup) to make sure you
have the same settings. Also remember that you must invoke update-modules
after editing stuff in /etc/modutils/, and that only modprobe cares about
these files.

Also, IIRC, you must configure the OPL3-SA2 as a module for it to work at
all.

Hope this helps. If it doesn't, try to include more info about your exact
problem, like excerpts from logs and your kernel version and module setup.

Ben

My MP3 player says:
I'm currently listening to "Live And Let Die", by
Guns N' Roses. Rock on!