Re: Suspend/X workaround: security issue

Hugo van der Merwe wrote:

> Great, so I go and write an executable file in /etc/apm/event.d/01x_bugfix
> containing:

[script omitted]

> This strikes me as a security risk

A mild one, but yes.  It strikes me that a better solution would be to
figure out why suspend causes problems with X.  I know it doesn't on
most machines -- works great on mine.

If you really need a more secure approach, maybe you can set up some
sort of daemon that can be prodded to remember the vt on suspend, and
can keep the # in memory, and regurgitate it on resume.  But that seems
like an awful lot of work.  Possibly more than debugging the X vs.
suspend conflicts.

--
Chris Waters, Systems Engineer, Critical Path, Inc.
phone: 1(415) 344-5518 or 1(415) 254-5913 (mobile)