Re: how to set default wm? - I made it !

Hi Nico,

thank you sooo.......oo much for the hint !
although it didnt work directly after these three steps, by following your
track, I found the key is in the file /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc. in
its last section are these lines:

twm &                                               <---the default wm
setup during install
xclock -geometry 50x50-1+1 &         <--- the clock at upper right conner
xterm -geometry 80x50+494+51 &    <------- the stupid large window
xterm -geometry 80x20+494-0 &       <------- the one I could use
exec xterm -geometry 80x60+0+0 -name login     <-- the one with login name

I replaced these with

blackbox &
exec xterm -geometry 80x20+0+0 -name login

and it works !

Linux and you all are great !  I have learned so much from all your