Re: how to set default wm?

Hi
I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned the following:
/etc/X11/window-managers
The topmost entry is executed by Xsession (found in /etc/X11/Xsession)
but only if you don't have a .xsession file in your home directory.
The window-managers file specifies the default for all users.
Individuals must override this with their own .xsession files
(if the box is your own then you choose!)

In the .xsession file, each line is acommand to execute (such as xterm etc.)
followed by an &. The last line must be the window-manager you want (but no &)
Note startx will look for your .xsession (also your .xinit) and then default
to the /etc/X11/Xsession

I'm sure others can give a better decription, but that should suffice.

Yours
Cormac

--
Cormac McGuinness  (cormac@physics.bu.edu)