Re: unexpected interrupt

On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 09:17:27AM -0700, lance hollman wrote:
> I get frequent
> 'ide0: unexpected interrupt, status=0x80, count=1'
> errors and can't figure out how to make them go away.
>
> any help/suggestions/pointers in the right direction?
>
> thanks,
>
> lance

Don't know how to fix it, but I had the same thing happen to me on this
laptop last week, a 3.1G drive in a TP 760ED.  The data seems ok, but the
drive is hosed, neither Linux or Win95 will boot.  I can boot from the
rescue set and mount the drive and data transfers will work to a floppy,
but often quite slowly.  It acts as though the drive is retrying alot.
I don't recall having installed any new packages just prior to the
failure and I was running frozen that had been updated last on May 17.

I doubt it's software related and I presume it is actually a hardware
failure, however, I'm a bit wary of updating to frozen on this drive
after this.

- Nate >>

--

 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "None can love freedom
 Internet | n0nb@networksplus.net               | heartily, but good