Re: pre-dependencies?

> Hey all-
> i'm trying a apt-get dist-upgrade and i get a:
> E: Internal Error, Couldn't configure pre-depend
>
> how can i track down the source of this?  thanks,
> (all i really want do do is install Enlightenment 16.4!--but i'd rather do
> it the "right" way, i'd like to do it with the package manager)
> thanks,
> jeff

dist-upgrade means  (a) do everything  (b) break things temporarily if you
	have to, i.e. it's okay to uninstall a super-critical "yes I really
	expect to break my system by doing this" package, then put it back
	in order to set things right.

But this doesn't correct that someone's postinstall script can be broken,
and that could happen to also be a package that something else Pre-Depends:
on.

You didn't state which package.  You know what you want to upgrade.  Have
apt chew on smaller portions :)

-* Heather Stern * star@ many places *-