Re: Cable modem problem connecting to Time Warner Road Runner KC

On Fri, 19 May 2000, Matthew Quigley wrote:

> I've been trying to get my Toshiba Satellite Pro  to work with Road
> Runner.  I installed dhcpcd 70-5.  I think maybe my resolv.conf is set
> up wrong this is what I have

I have no real experience of this setup, yet (my friend and I will have to
set up a cable modem network soon)

your resolv.conf should really read more like:

<<BOF>>
domain kc.rc.com
search kc.rc.com rc.com
nameserver 24.94.163.114
<<EOF>>

> the result is network unreachable.

although linux reconises your ethernet card it hasn't actually activated
and configured it yet.  type in

"dhcpcd -h <hostname> eth0"

fill in a name for you machine in the <hostname> section. this _should_
get the dhcpcd client to sort out the ethernet card.  However your cable
modem will need to be talking to the network.  This I can't really help
with, however whilst browsing the WWW I have come across howto's on cable
modems.  go to a good search engine (www.google.com :) ) and try searching
for the howto there.

Alex

--
**       ((__))  Alexander "Jim diGriz" "Hubenko" Clouter