Re: Problems installing potato via PCMCIA network

Hi Charles,

On Wed, 17 May 2000, Charles Baker wrote:

> I just downloaded the new Potato disk images yesterday.  They are dated
> 05/05/2000.  Has anyone used them?  I'll go on and make disks and
> reinstall my laptop today and let you all know how it goes.  However, if
> someone can spare me the trouble please do so.  Has the problem been
> posted to the boot-disk list?  Is there an entry in the bugs database?

It would be nice to know if those disks are working :-)
The last disk images i found to be useful were those from the images that
Mr.  Hedlin offered a few days ago (images from March).

Many thanks to him for offering us a part of his download quota to get a
set of working disks.

There is a "boot-disk-list"? I did not notice that; BTW the images from
April worked very well on a desktop computer, so i think it is just a
laptop problem with the pcmcia modules.
In the database are several entries about this problem, so in the 2.2
_release_ (stable) of debian this should be fixed.

Hope to hear from you about the new images,

Daniel.