Re: sound on 8100

ooh, ooh, I just got it working, (and yes I was the one who wrote this
original question).

This is still true as of right now.

this was incorrect, it was pcmcia, as I was in my car at the time, with
pcmcia shut off, so this should have read.

2) running oss with pcmcia stopped ; works great;

> > > What drivers?

the oss drivers, opensound.com (osslinux393k-2215-UP.tar.gz)

Here's the latest...

debian 2.2.15

The problem is in the BIOS configuration for pc cards

oddly enough I made this change:

ACPI BIOS v1.20
 CONFIGURATION
  Device Config. = All Devices

 PC CARD
  Controller Mode = CardBus/16-bit

---

pcmcia is running, and I can issue 'soundon' and no system lockups, I have
now tried all sorts of combinations to make sure this is true, and I am
fairly confident, now that I've been listening to xmms under x for about 1
hour without a single glitch, that it is running a-ok.

Thanks to all who got me on my way. the dmesg email in particular was
helpful as it gave me the irq sharing violations, and at least a means to
correct it.