Re: Tecra 8100?

/ Todd Weaver <todd@zenwerks.com> was heard to say:
| I'd suggest using 2.2 floppies.
| That worked for me.

Yep. Next problem: :-)

I've got a 3C575 Cardbus ethernet adapter. After I've made a boot
floppy, the normal boot process loads all the appropriate modules
(3c575_cb, cb_enabler, ds, i82365, and pcmcia_core) and ifconfig
reveals that I have an eth0 adapter.

Unfortunately, loading these modules by hand when I boot off the
install rescue floppy does not result in an eth0 adapter. (I don't
know why, all the modules seem to load fine.)

But since there's no adapter, I can't configure the network and I
don't get any network support on the normal boot.

1) Is there another command I have to run after loading all the
devices to make eth0 appear in ifconfig?

or

2) Is it possible to configure the network "after the fact"?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | 'I have done that,' says my memory. 'I