Re: hibernation

    >> What is the output of "cat /proc/apm"?  What is your kernel version?
    Lauren> Hi.  APM is enabled, /proc/apm shows:

    Lauren> 1.9 1.2 0x02 0x01 0x00 0x01 100% 119 min

 I wonder if you've solved the problem yet?

 What I did with my laptop was search the net for a copy of
 `phdisk.exe' that will format a hibernation _partition_.  When I got
 the laptop, it had windows installed, and it was suspending to a file
 on the main vfat partition.  The `phdisk.exe' they shipped with it
 would only work to create a file; it would not use a partition.  When
 I installed Debian GNU/Linux on it, I created an extra partition, and
 ran the `phdisk.exe' I found out on the net.  After that, I compiled
 a kernel with APM support in it, installed the `apmd', and everything
 just works.  It suspends to disk and everything.

 If you need the `phdisk.exe' (there should be a Linux version; I've
 never heard of one.) email me, and I'll `sendfile' it to you or
 whatever.  I hope it's legal for me to do that...