From: Ries van Twisk [mailto:rvt@dds.nl]
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2000 3:32 PM
To: Tim Brown
Subject: Re: Hi

Hai Tim,

welkome to this list.
You wouldn't see my name that often in the list, but as soon as I have
a answer, I'll mail it ti you.
I have a toshiba 2100CDS sound, X, CD pcmcia. I'm using Debian Frozen.
Running a 2.2.14 kernel. I suggest not using gnome. I have never
worked with it but I'm not missing anything right now so why
installing gnome (that's just for my) I'm ussing afterstep as my
windows manager. It doesn't take much memory and leaves plenty for
other apps. If you not a unix guru yet, I suggest using Star Office
for doing all your other wotk like: text pasing, mail client, spread
sheet,presentations. If your are from the windowz world, I'll think
you like it. To download go to www.sun.com and look for staroffice
5.1.

have fun, and if you have any question lett us er me in personal know.

Ries van Twisk