Re: Annoying 'unexpected interrupt' problem

* Morgan Terry <morgan@unibasetech.com> [000405 19:31]:
> I've been getting the message "ide1: unexpected interrupt, status=0x51,
> count=1" on my laptop since installing potato (I had no such problems
> before, when I had Slackware 7.0).  It only does this occasionally, and
> it never seems to do it when I have a CD in the the drive (ide1 is the
> CD-ROM).  Any ideas as to what this could be?

I'm getting the same all the time; it seem to be related with the power
management (APM) and the CD-ROM reporting is idle or something; maybe
the CD-ROM kernel module is not loaded when this happen.

Another problem I think it's related: if I run an audio CD with a
command tool like cdplay, I can't run all the disc: at a random position
in the middle, the CD is stopped. I think the problem is (NOT tested...)
the CD-ROM kernel module is unloaded (rmmod from the system cron), and
then some "unexpected interrupt" make the rest. I have no problem when
using wmcdplay, I think because it need to access the CD drive all the
time to show time and status, and the kernel module is not unloaded.

Anyway, you can live with this :)
--
David