Re: Acer Laptop w/ no hard disc found

Alexander Koch <efraim@argh.org> writes:

> On Mon, 27 March 2000 14:39:17 -0800, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:
> >  EIDE disk and it's not found???  Weird.  Could it be a BIOS setting?
>
> After managing to get into the BIOS (not been easy) if I
> activate the hard disc it will not be booted by floppy disc
> any more and therefore I am sort of lost.

That is a different setting I think you hit -- boot from C drive or
floppy then the C drive, etc.  Has nothing to do with "enabling the
IDE controller" for instance.

> And there is nothing on the hard disc. And I do not have a
> CDROM here. I have the drive but no CDROM here. Argh.

I don't know -- this is a pure hardware/kernel issue.  I'm not sure if
we can help.  Have you tried the Linux Laptop HOWTO, mail lists, or
the debian-laptop@lists.debian.org list?