Re: Messy display on Satellite 110CS

wadh1000> I really mean whatever was available 2 months ago as stable
wadh1000> version on debian ftp server.

thanks for the clarification.

wadh1000> Kernel version should appear at boot but, as I said, the
wadh1000> diplay now is unreadable also in text mode... Anyway, would
wadh1000> it make a difference what kernel I am running?

i would suspect not, but 1) who knows? and 2) i think it is more helpful
to provide accurate/unambiguous information when asking for help.

wadh1000> (I am afraid the problem looks more hardware-related since
wadh1000> seems to be operative-system independent now. Linux might
wadh1000> have helped in creating it, but I do not think it is the
wadh1000> cause now).

my guess would be that it is hardware-related as well.  i presume the
laptop you are using can be connected to an external monitor -- if so,
do you experience the same symptoms via an external monitor?

i'm sorry that this message was not very helpful.