Re: DHCPCD hangs on laptop bootup

I've had similar problems using dhcpcd. My solution has been to use pump instead. My only problem there has been it's logging is incredibly verbose and I haven't found where to quiet it.

From: "Hausheer, Geoffrey" <geoffrey.hausheer@intel.com>
To: "'Debian Laptop List'" <debian-laptop@lists.debian.org>
Subject: DHCPCD hangs on laptop bootup
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 10:34:59 -0800

I've been having some problems getting dhcpcd to reliably install a daemon
on booup. My latest problem is that if I have the pc-card in (my network is
through the PCMCIA card) but the dongle is not attached, that dhcpcd just
waits until I plug in the dongle (or perhaps for a really long time, I don't
know).  Since I have two dongles, I almost never remove the card when
transporting my laptop.  Is there a way to get around this.  I am kind of
stuck in the middle, since it seems to take a little while to start the
pcmcia services (thus I need to delay or repeat running dhcpcd in the boot
sequence, and if the laptop isn't on the network, then it doesn't like to
have dhcpcd installed at all (or I need to pull the pc-card, which I don't
want to do)

Any ideas?
.Geoff