Re: Dell Inspiron 5000

I have a Dell Latitude CPx which has the same ATI Mobility card inside it.  I tried the actual driver recommended in the XF86Setup, it used the Mach64 driver when you select the ATI Rage Mobility.  Unfortunately this does not work!!!

Instead, select the ATI Rage 128 (generic) and this will use the svga driver.  This should work and give you a reasonable desktop, but probably no higher than 1024x768 resolution.

If anyone has any clock timings that would make this card go any higher (wich it certainly can) then I would appreciate recieving them.  Also, if anyone knows how to get this card working with the correct driver, then that would be most useful too.

Johnny.

Alain Trembleau wrote:

> Hi
>
> Has anyone tried running linux yet on the new Dell Inspiron 5000?
>
> I'm interested in getting one, but would like to know whether anyone has already had some success.  Probably the main issue would be the graphics card - it's an "ATI Mobility P 2X AGP High Performance Graphics with 4MB SGRAM".  Can anyone tell me whether they have had any experience with this type of card?
>
> Cheers
>
> alain trembleau
>
> --
begin:vcard