Re: Maestro

  John> I also have this Maestro sound card (Dell Latitude CPx) and
  John> sound works very well using kernel 2.2.14 (apart from .au and
  John> saytime).  However, I recompiled the kernel myself and now
  John> whenever I adjust the volume when sound is playing the machine
  John> totally hangs and I have to power off.

  John> I am wondering if this is because I compiled the sound
  John> directly into the kernel, instead of having it as modules??

Maybe. I also orecompiled for apm support, and had no problem at
all.

Excepted with softoss2 which completely screwed the card : it would
play a BSOD (Buzz Sound Of The Death) every time I loaded the maestro
module. Even after a reboot. I had to run windows in order to
completely reset the card !!!

--
Laurent Martelli
martelli@iie.cnam.fr                        http://www.linuxfan.com/~laurent