Re: Help! How not to start X ?

In a message dated 3/14/00 4:14:08 PM Central Standard Time,
esper@usinternet.com writes:

> Debian doesn't use runlevels to control whether X starts or not.  (Given
that
>  this message is being distributed by the debian-laptop list and Ben
>  specifically stated that it was a fresh Debian install, I doubt that he's
>  running Red Hat...)

I believe a more accurate statement would be that Debian doesn't use the same
run levels as RedHat when determining whether or not to start X up at boot
time.  Please correct me if I'm wrong (I don't have my Debian machine in
front of me at the moment) but a runlevel of 1 (and possibly 2?) will not
start X.

-Jay