Re: features by loc'n (was: resume works now on sony vaio)

Hi again!

On 03-Mar-2000 Heather wrote:
> netenv presupposes that you should reboot, which sucks.  My laptop lives
> hibernated - I never reboot it unless I'm changing kernels.  So if you're
> rebooting cool.  According to its doco it also INSISTS you enter something;
> no defaults.
? Hm, I never do reboot - why should I? IIRC you can set an env-variable (via
LILO) that handles the 'you must enter something'-problem.

>> If using 'netenv' there's no need for that - pcmcia can use the options
>> provided by 'netenv'. This makes things very easy :)
> Just because I've stepped onto the net doesn't mean I'm ready to run my
> daemons yet.  I think I'd use a seperate runlevel for that stuff.
Yes, but you could already have it set up - that's all.

> And I could plug in a mouse and monitor without getting cardslots involved,
> so is using pcmcia to trigger it really wise?
I'm not sure if I get you're point here but plugging in a mouse or monitor
doesn't triggers pcmcia. If you change the monitor or the mouse and rerun
netenv doesn't mean that your pcmcia-stuff needs to be restarted.

Bye,
        Tobias
Tobias Bachmor
Department of Computer Science