Re: Multifunction cards functioning... er, multiply?

Scott Bigham wrote:

> I have a 3Com Megahertz 3CXEM556 Ethernet/modem combo card

I have the same card, and I am able to use ethernet and modem
simultaneously.

> My question is, have more recent versions of the kernel or PCMCIA
> modules alleviated this problem (I'm currently running kernel 2.2.5 and
> pcmcia-cs 3.1.1-1 on top of Debian 2.1);

I also have Debian 2.1, with a (patched) 2.2.11 kernel. I don't have the
laptop with me right now so I can't say exactly which PCMCIA driver
version I have, but I know this card works with both functions
simultaneously, so it's worth your while to try upgrading.

--Greg