Re: Sony VAIO PCG-F360

*- On 26 Nov, David Kane-Parry wrote about "Sony VAIO PCG-F360"
> Any success or failure reports with the Sony VAIO PCG-F360 ?  There
> doesn't seem to be any info on the Linux Laptops homepage.  Thanks in
> advance.

I had luck with my F340.  I used the 2.2.12 slink boot disks at
http://www.debian.org/~joeyh/stable-update/. Also I received good advice
from Pann McCauig on this list about getting PCMCIA working during the
install which helped alot.  Below is his suggestion.

> On Thu, Oct 14, 1999 at 16:33, Brian Servis wrote:
>
> The one gotcha is when you're installing the base system, configure
> PCMCIA support _BEFORE_ device driver modules. It's given as an
> alternate on the menu where 'Configure Device Driver Modules' is the
> default selection. I don't know if it's the case in slink, but in hamm
> you had to SCROLL DOWN even to see the PCMCIA alternative, and it _must_
> go first or you'll have lotsa manual fixup to do after the fact.
>
> Luck,
> Pann

The cardbus pcmcia slots work for me with my Xircom cardbus 10/100
network card.

I also had to grab the XFCOM X driver from SUSE for the NeoMagic video
chipset.  This might be rolled into the 3.3.5 server now, I am running
the 3.3.4.  The 2.2.13 kernel also now has support for the sound(which
is shared on the video chip).

Enjoy,

--
Brian Servis
Mechanical Engineering              |  Never criticize anybody until you