Re: Sony VAIO PCG-F360

On Nov 26, David Kane-Parry wrote:
> Any success or failure reports with the Sony VAIO PCG-F360 ?  There
> doesn't seem to be any info on the Linux Laptops homepage.  Thanks in
> advance.

I think the F360 is basically the sameas my F270, but with a 366
instead of a 333 P-II.  If it is, Linux seeks to work well on it, but
the PCMCIA utilities in 2.1r2 break horribly on CardBus systems
(system crashes, etc.).  Avoid using the PCMCIA stuff during
installation, then get the potato pcmcia-modules package for your
kernel.  2.1r3 and/or the Learning Debian GNU/Linux book should have a
fixed version.

Chris
|         Chris Lawrence        |        Get Debian GNU/Linux CDROMs        |
|    <quango@watervalley.net>   |       http://www.lordsutch.com/cds/       |
|    Grad Student, Pol. Sci.    |    Are you tired of politics as usual?    |
|   University of Mississippi   |             http://www.lp.org/            |