Re: IBM Credit Card Adapter and Toshiba

On Wed, Nov 10, 1999 at 12:45:55PM -0500, John_J_Neff@colad.com wrote:
> I just upgraded to 2.2.13 kernel and potato Debian.  I can't get my IBM
> Credit Card adapter (NIC) to work.  I am using a Toshiba 4000CDT.
>
> I show RX activity in ifconfig but no TX activity.  Any hiints would be
> appreciated.  Anyone using a similar setup (esp. the card).
>
> The card is getting detected at boot up as an NE2000 compatible at IRQ3
> Add:0x300  It is a PCMICA card.
>
> TIA
>
> John J. Neff

Can you get any pcmcia card to work?  If not, then see what is wrong.
Did you build pcmcia modules?  $ make-kpkg --version 2 modules_image.

Finally, there is a line you can uncomment in /etc/pcmcia/config.opts:
# To fix sluggish network with IBM ethernet adapter...
#module "pcnet_cs" opts "mem_speed=600"

I have and use a couple of these cards under the Thomas Conrad name.
They do work.

HTH... DaveW
--
D. W. Wieboldt --  Product Support Engineer -- dwiebold@dazel.com