TRied to install debian2.1 on peacock challenger710 no success withinstalation of XFree86 due to problems with mouse

The system was installed using cd distribution of debian
marketed by German representative linuxland.The mouse used
is surely ps/2 mouse.Responsible device was /dev/mouse,
then I have tried /dev/ps/aux and /dev/ttyS0.Some other
subdivisions of ps/2 protocol*thinking ps/2 ,glding ps/2
*were also tried tried /no succes could not move even an inch.
With hooked up on COM1 Micrsoft-compatible I managed to force
to run the pointer it could not cover the whole square of the screen
though.The problem is somehow strange to me,because I have had
SuSe 5.3 on it without any serious problems.
Any suggestions or probably even solutions?
As it it is my initial mail to this list
I do not know the policies accepted here
as well as minimal amount of information you
ususally could begin with.Would you post some mail
describing this 2 points?
In any case,any questions aimed to clear the situation with
my notebook to you are welcome.
Best regards,
Ariel Burbaickij