Re: Recommendations for Laptop

On Thursday 04 November, Michael Pfeuffer wrote:

> I've been very happy with my Dell Latitude.  I avoided the Inspirion line,
> though - mainly because of the on-board winmodem.

As have I. I agree with everything Michael says (I haven't got round to
sorting out my sound yet either!).

I avoided the Inspiron too, partly because Dell recommended I go for the
Lattitude, but mainly because at the time the Inspiron had more
unsupported hardware, and was generally more clunky. The dual battery
thing is a real boon (it used to go for 8 hours when the batteries were
new, now it goes for 5 hours 40 mins).

--
Graham