Re: Recommendations for Laptop

On Fri, Nov 05, 1999 at 11:04:57AM +1100, Andrew Clark wrote:
> I would like to get a laptop and run Debian on it.  Does anyone have any
> recommendations for machines/manufactures to buy or avoid?

It depends on what you want to do with it.  I love my Twinhead
Powerslim, because it's only 3.5 pounds and I can take it anywhere,
but I payed extra ($1760 for a Pentium 300 computer) and got a smaller
screen for the low weight.  For me it was worth it, but your tradeoffs
may be different.

I bought my computer through www.discountlaptops.com.  They seemed
like they had good deals (on various laptops), and they sold me my
laptop without Windows installed.

Best,
	Dylan Thurston