Re: UTC and localtime?

On Mon, Nov 01, 1999 at 09:49:41PM -0800, Michael Perry wrote:
> Could someone tell me how they managed time changes and what commands they
> issued and in what sequence to change the hardware clock to UTC while
> keeping localtime in the system?

hwclock is the proper command for setting the hardware clock, I
believe.  Note in particular the command options --systohc, --hctosys and --utc

My laptop (potato) seems to have handled the switch from daylight
savings tiome automatically, althought it might have read the time
from the network via ntp (I'm not exactly sure how it's configured at
the moment).

Drew