Re: Debian GNU/Linux Supported Laptops?

On 27 Dec 1999, Gary Pinkerton wrote:
> Merry Christmas everyone, and a Happy New Year.
>
> I am a reseller of COMPAQ, HP, IBM and Toshiba laptops,  and would like to
> know if their current products are compatible with Debian GNU/Linux ?
>
> I have not found any reference to this on their respective homepages, and
> this question is important to potentially 450 units that 1 of my customers
> would like to purchase.
>
> Looking forward to your reply(s), is it possible to get this before January
> 5 2000?
>

> Best Regards,
>

> Gary Pinkerton
> Senior Account Manager
> Zycom Technology Inc.
> Ph#	613-253-0077
> Fax#	613-253-0044
> Cell#	613-223-2956
>
> Email: garypinkerton@zycomtec.com
> Web page www.zycomtec.com

I am using Debian on a Toshiba Satellite 4000CDT as my main computer. No
problems except that if I need to reboot (seldom) I lose the date and
time and have to reset them in Linux.

Windows was pre-installed and I tried it out for a couple of weeks, out
of curiosity, but then I deleted it.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux Debian 2.1 (Windows-free zone)
Book Reviews: http://www.pentelikon.freeserve.co.uk/bookreviews/

"It's no go the Yogi Man, it's no go Blavatsky"  - Louis MacNeice