Re: mail signature

On Mon, Dec 13, 1999 at 04:07:04PM -0800, Drew Parsons wrote:

[Shouldn't this be on debian-user?]

> I'm using mutt, which either uses a defined signature, or not.  I can define
> what file to use for the signature, and therefore could write a little
> script to handle it for me, but before I do that I want to know if it's
> already been done.  I know there are sig programs for generating random
> signatures (with varying quotations or whatever), but that's not exactly

This would probably be easier to answer if you could say what criteria
should be used to determine the nature of the e-mail being sent.  If the
client is just supposed to guess, then that's quite hard to do.

If you can use the e-mail address to determine what you should be doing,
then look at the send-hook option.  For example, the following would
default to PGP signing messages sent to recipients in debian.org:

  send-hook . unset pgp_autosign
  send-hook debian.org set pgp_autosign

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/