Re: Debian on Sony 505TX

On Mon, Dec 13, 1999 at 12:01:01AM -0300, Dada wrote:
> At 12:31 PM 11/5/1999 -0800, you wrote:
> While installing and learning Debian still I keep doing
> most of my work in the Windows partition, since I can't go online
> from the Linux one.
> How to configure the modem to go online with the 505 TX ?

I have no idea whether you could use the modem in 505 with LInux or not? But
if you have a pcmcia modem you should be online soon.

I use the debian ppp package with pppconfig for configureing ppp conection and
pon/ poff scripts for bringing up/down ppp.

It's quite easy to use pppconfig once you know howto connect to your isp, pap,
chap, chat script, whatever.

Chanop
| Chanop Silpa-Anan                          <chanop@writeme.com>             |
| Australian National University                                              |
| visit my web site                                                           |
| http://hilbert.anu.edu.au/~chanop/                                          |
|             FreeBSD             ICQ uin 11366301                            |