Re: 2.2 kernel "flavors" needed for i386 -- any list?

On Sat, Dec 11, 1999 at 12:00:53AM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> If you guys on debian-laptop agree, perhaps you could upload a special
> 2.2.13-laptop kernel to unstable, and work with debian-boot to work
> out issues?

That could be useful.  It's a little inconvenient having to fiddle with
kernel and pcmcia separately.  I imagine it would be easy enough to stick them
together as one package.

The only thing against it I can think of is the length of time it takes to
compile the whole kernel compared with the time it takes to just compile
pcmcia-modules.  Pcmcia seems to be updated a lot more frequently than the
kernel, and it could be a hassle having to recompile the entire kernel every
time just to update the pcmcia modules.

Drew