Re: potato security ;(

On Fri, Nov 05, 1999 at 07:12:47AM -0700, Greg Woods wrote:
> If you are actually getting as far as a login: prompt, this isn't a
> hosts.allow problem. What's in your /etc/pam.d?

I haven't touched pam.d, so it should be all at the potato defaults.
I gather /etc/pam.d/login is the relevent file.  The only thing it appears
to say is to set host access permission in /etc/security/access.conf.
Although this file give access to all hosts by default (as I understood it),
I gave explicit access for myself from the machines I want to use:
+:drew: work.machine home.machine

Is there something else I missed?  Does pamd have to be reset after changing
access.conf?  Does it have to be running at all (it doesn't seem to be in `ps
aux`) ?

Drew