Re: ThinkPad 356XD

I had trouble getting my 760 EL to boot from the disk, and I had to get
a special boot disk image-- which probably has some special kernel
patches in it. What you should generally do is boot with the 'tecra'
kernel. I don't know what the patches are, but boot disk can be found
at:
ftp://kalle.csb.ki.se/pub/
The image is: the resc1440.bin-only-aic7xxx

Note I had to <shift>click to d/l the image. Their apache seems to not
know that this is a binary file. Also, you'll have to rename it to 8.3
to work with rawrite.

glen