PCMCIA Ethernet

Hi,

I have a Acer Extensa 368T laptop. I am trying to install an 3Com ethernet
10/100 Base-TX pcmcia card on it.

I use slink. However, as I did not succeed with the pcmcia package of slink, I
downloaded the sources for the pcmcia program version 3.1.3 from its internet
site.

When I insert my PCMCIA card, I get the error message "cs:
no valid ROM image found!" My card is not recognised. I haven't seen anyhting regarding
this error in the HOWTO, which has a troubleshooting section.

Does any one know where does this error message comes from, and if there is any
way to correct it?

Thank you

Raphael