Re: mount PCMCIA-CD-ROM?

R.Reichel@gewkoelnag.de (Reichel, Robert, STB) wrote:

> the last weekend, I've installed Debian on an portege 3020ct. I've
> done the basic-install from a dos-partition. Now my problem is:  How
> can I mount my PCMCIA-IDE-CDROM (Freecom)? A "normal" IDE-device I
> would mount with /dev/hdb or something like that, but what's the
> device-name of a PCMCIA device like mentioned above?

I don't have any experience with IDE CDROMs, but I think that cardmgr
will run the /etc/pcmcia/ide script.  This means that you should modify
the /etc/pcmcia/ide.opts to mount the device.  The following should do
the trick:

# ATA/IDE drive adapter configuration
#
# The address format is "scheme,socket,serial_no[,part]".
#
# For multi-partition devices, first return list of partitions in
# $PARTS.  Then, we'll get called for each partition.
#
case "$ADDRESS" in
*,*,*,1)
    DO_FSTAB="y" ; DO_FSCK="n" ; DO_MOUNT="y"
    FSTYPE="iso9660"
    #OPTS=""
    MOUNTPT="/cdrom"
    ;;
*,*,*)
    PARTS="1"
    ;;
esac

This will automatically mount the cdrom device on /cdrom.

Let me know whether this works.

Brian