Re: Debian-2.0 on VAIO 505 FX

Hi Sean,

thanx for your quick reply!

>>>>> "SP" == Sean 'Shaleh' Perry <shaleh@valinux.com> writes:

SP> Go to www.debian.org/~joeyh/stable-update.
SP> Grab the boot disks (tecra) from here.

Hm.  Any difference between tecra and tecra-safe?
Which one should I use?

SP> These use 2.2.12 as the kernel and a working pcmcia.

Fine.

SP> You can boot off the floppies, turn on pcmcia, then
SP> install from a cd.

I understand, if the pcmcia support is working properly.

SP> However, if you grab the base{1-8}.bin files and make
SP> floppies, you can do an entire install, then point your
SP> box out to a mirror to grab the rest.

Hm, I like this the most, but I am rather short of floppies
right now.  If I want to copy some base*tgz* to my HARDDISK
and install via a MOUNT of the dos-partition, which
base-file should I take: base2_1* or base2_2* ???
(I guess 2_1 if the number referes to the distribution.)

Cheers,
== Uwe ==