Gateway Solo 9300 or NEC Versa Note PII 366

Hi ya,

I have been in the process of choosing a new laptop for work and have ended up
having to choose between the above two. I know the ATI Rage Mobility card (from
the Gateway box) is not supported by XF86 (yet!) but I irrationally prefer it over
the NEC. Not being a driver writer, I don't know how long these things take; maybe
somebody else does. The NEC is mostly supported from what I have read but...

Does anybody have an opinion regarding these two models.

Jordan Howarth    CSIRO Mathematical and Information Sciences