Re: laptop "metapackage"

On Fri, Sep 17, 1999 at 10:22:29AM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

> I have received the go ahead and will be constructing this package over the
> next week.
>
> So, now the moment of truth.  What to add?
>
> Package task-laptop
> Depends: anacron, ??
> Suggests: netenv, dhcp-client (or one of these)
> Conflicts: ??
> Replaces: ??
> Recommends: ??
>
> Until irda gets in fully, it is not an option.  I should have initial divine
> packages here soon as well.

How about suggesting the packages hdparm and apmd?

Should it also maybe include laptop-specific documentation/setup information?
I just keep thinking about how difficult it was to set up a mail server to
work properly over an intermittent connection.  Maybe a special set of docs
for fetchmail, qmail, smail... ?

MBG

--
"Infinite: Bigger than the biggest thing ever and then some.  Much bigger than
that in fact, really amazingly immense, a totally stunning size, real "wow,