How to determine the partition space ?
I'd like to know how to arrange disk space for the directory of different partition.
Following partition table is my plan to do:
2 GB HD Space for Linux:
/tmp -----> /home/tmp - Symbolic Link
/var/tmp -----> /home/tmp - Symbolic Link
Here is my personal intention to implement Linux on my laptop:
1. Creat muti-user account, testing platform for operating UNIX like OS.
2. May install/uninstall dozens of packages at any time and any intention.
3. May quickly erase whole OS by reinstalling source disk but without re-
installing package and losing my personal data.
4. Switching form place to place, eg. Locally, My home LAN, Other LAN.
5. Reserving almost 2 GB HD space for Linux Usage(including OS, Package
, Personal Data...etc.)
I'd like to hear anyones' opinion of my partition structure and how should I
distribute the Disk space into each partition is most proper? Thanks !
' v '
/( )\ Nazareth Shu / Taiwan, R.O.C.
^ ~ ^